Why Should You Join the SBCMS?
The San Bernardino County Medical Society (SBCMS) has been supporting San Bernardino County physicians and patients for more than a century. As part of the larger California Medical Association, the SBCMS represents the interests of local physicians from all specialties and practice types and at all stages of their careers with the goal of promoting physician wellness and improved patient care.
Membership is open to all licensed Physicians who live and/or work within San Bernardino County; and all Medical Students, Interns, Residents and Fellows who are attending an accredited institution.
- Regular Active (Practicing Physician): Physicians possess an un-revoked and unsuspended U.S. doctor of medicine (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) certificate, or a recognized international equivalent and reside and/or work in San Bernardino County.
- Government Employed Physician: San Bernardino County-employed physicians
- Part-time Active Physician: Physicians ages 65 or older who practice under 20 hours per week
- Retired Physician: Regular Active Physicians Members of any age who are fully retired from the practice of medicine (Regular Active membership must be held for 1 full year prior to be eligible for this status)
- Resident Physician: Resident, intern or fellow physician enrolled in accredited medical training, intern or fellowship programs in San Bernardino County
- Medical Student: Students whose medical school or residence is located in the Society's geograhic region are eligible for membership
Membership in SBCMS automatically confers membership in CMA as well; it is a dual membership. The key to our organization’s strength is its excellent collaborative relationships with CMA and other component medical societies. Furthermore, the dual membership helps support state and local activities as well as providing you with additional member benefits.
SBCMS accepts payment by check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit cards. You can remit a lump-sum payment, or set up a monthly installment plan with a credit card. To sign up for the monthly installment plan, contact SBCMS at (909) 273-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SBCMS and CMA dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes, but may be partially deductible as a business expense. To find out the percentage of your current year's dues that can or cannot be deducted as a business expense, please consult with your CPA or tax professional.